Sunday, May 2, 2010

Man, This is Some Very Hard Ground!

April 24, 2010 - Even though there is a lot of backfill near the hill end of the lot, Luis ran into a lot of rock behind that fill. When I was there, I could see where this was going to slow down the building process. I requested a meeting with Jose and Luis to discuss this. At the meeting I showed them a picture of an attachment that you put on a backhoe that will cut through the rocks. I found out that Luis went to Alajulea and got an electric jack hammer to take care of the rocks. This worked fine until...

Luis ran into solid rock that was in no way going to be cut by anything, and no one was interested in doing the dynamite thing. So, Jose and Luis put their heads together and came up with a very good countermeasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment